Windows 2003 Small Business Server – Client Setup
For posterity sake, here are the screen shots for setting up client computers from an SBS server. I decided to include the initial user setup which provides for an automatic “next step” of setting up the computer. So there are two “push” parts: User setup and client computer setup and two “pull” parts: Assigning user to the computer / migrating their profiles and installing software via the Client Setup Wizard
So now it jumps to the Setup client computer:
Note additional point for running Vista.
Now we go to the PC and run IE and launch the “pull” part of the setup.
You can see below a number of things occurred:
- The user is now a domain user, not the previous Workgroup user (I guess you can’t “see” this.)
- Outlook express was replaced by Outlook 2003
- Note that despite an earlier screen, IE 7 was not replaced by v6. It never “downgrades” you.
- My “Command Prompt” choice for the main menu was ported over from my previous profile.
- My “TextDoc 13 July” was copied to this profile as well.
All screenshots taken via Vista’s Snipping Tool from simultaneous sessions run on VirtualBox virtual machine manager.